Published on June 5th, 2017 | by Param1
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.TECH) Cadet Entry Scheme – Jan 2018
Indian Navy 10+2 (B.TECH) Cadet Entry Scheme (Permanent Commission) Course Commencing – Jan 2018.
Indian Navy inviting applications from unmarried male candidates (fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala for a four years degree course under the 10+2 (B Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme.
• Eligibility Conditions given by Indian Navy as per Advertisement.
· Age: Born between 02 Jul 1998 & 01 Jan 2001 (both dates inclusive).
· Educational Qualification: Passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
· Who can apply: Candidates who have appeared for JEE (Main) 2017 exam. Call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued on basis of JEE (Main) 2017 All India Rank.
· Physical Standards:
1) Height and Weight: Minimum height -157 cms with correlated weight as per age.
2) Eve Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
3) Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
• Selection Procedure:
· IHQ of MoD reserves the right to fix cut off for shortlisting the application for SSB based on JEE (Main) All India Rank- 2017. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam from Jul-Oct 17.
· Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS as provided by candidate in their application form.
· SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception test and Group Discussion. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II test comprises Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
· Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible.
· Any correspondence regarding change of SSB date is to be addressed to the Call up Officer of the concerned SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability off batches/slots.
· No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
· Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this Commission on production of tickets. Candidates will carry photo copy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned while appearing for SSB.
• Pay Scale & Promotions. The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory course , sea time and medical condition. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows (being revised as per 7th CPC):-
|Rank||Pay Bands/Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
• Allowances(as applicable). The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows (being revised as per 7th CPC):-
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (in Rs)|
|Technical||Technical Officers||3000-7500/pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All officers posted as instructor||2700/pm|
|Flying||Qualified Pilot/Observer||13500- 21000/pm|
|MARCOs||Qualified as MARCOs||13500- 21000/pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||13500 -21000/pm|
|Diving Qualified||Ships Diver||600/pm|
|Sea Going||All Naval Officers serving Onboard Ships (Sailing Only)||6300-7800/pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 (Initial grant) & 7500 (Every 3 Yrs)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of BP+GP+MSP|
|House Rent||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30% of Basic (Pay Band+Grade Pay+MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
· The training is scheduled to commence in Jan 2018.
· Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be selected for training in Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala based on All India Merit and on the number of vacancies. All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for four year B. Tech course in applied Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Executive Branch), Mechanical Engineering (for Engineering Branch including Naval Architect specialisation) or Electronics & Communication Engineering (for Electrical Branch) as per Naval requirements. On completion of the course, B. Tech Degree will be awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
• Important Dates:
· Starting Date of Online Application: 12th December 2016
· Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 02nd January 2017
· Last date for Submission of Printout of the Online Application Form: 12th January 2017
· The training is scheduled to commence in July 2017
• Important Links: